Saturday, September 15, 2018

The Beginning of Fall 2018

Because I never know what I am doing, when I will next speak to some people, or when I will even see certain people here goes a little documentation of the first three weeks of school.  (Probably see you around Thanksgiving)

We began the school year by Katherine and I moving into our own apartment.  It is a little apartment which we absolutely love.  We are still decorating it and currently the decoration in the kitchen is a statue of Mary on our fridge and my little bit of red/gold material, that I bought in France, draped above the window.  As we have been settling into our kind of new way of living we also have been trying some recipes out. (I have tried a couple variations of tacos as well as an asian salad.....my cooking is improving) Some truffles were made in the process as well because no one can forget about dessert.  I would say that we are definitely winging this thing of living on our own. Stop by for some entertainment and maybe trying some new tasty recipes.....okay not my recipes, Katherine's tasty cooking. 

Now on to the school part.  I was so worried about stepping into my organic chemistry class this semester.  I am telling ya, I definitely have anxiety from last semester's chemistry class.  Aside from that our professor is great.  She answers our questions, practices the material in class with us, and is always ready to make some sort of joke about the material. (Why do we rarely talk about Boron? Cause it's boring.) Physics is......interesting. Our professor's first language is not english so that makes learning physics a bit difficult as most times we are trying to figure out what she just said in the first place.  The other classes are just fine.  Lab is scheduled for three hours and we have been told we are lucky if we get out at three hours.  Our lab professor was true to her word as we left lab three and a half hours later.  With all of this I still enjoy my major a lot. 

Lastly, what do we do for fun? Well to start with Katherine and I workout pretty much every day (except for lab day because I am exhausted).  Pretty much every Tuesday we go out dancing for a couple of hours and pretend to be the Bell of the ball.  We do have many dancing partners because according to the guys we are the best ones there. And that is about it for what we do.  School is our priority and right after that our sleep is.  So here is to the semester of maintaining a sleep, study, and fun schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment