Sunday, December 10, 2017

L!fe

Life is messy and oh so beautiful.  Everyday I find myself wondering what I truly want from my life. Ranching life or medical life? Then I wonder if these can coincide in life.  So many questions for such a young girl who truly wonders every day if she is even meant to be a grown up yet.  Then I remember that I am now twenty-one and heading full throttle into the adult life.  Yikes! This means that I have to make some big decisions and that these decisions are not child play anymore.  It also means that there is nothing wrong in making these decisions and that the decisions made might not be made very gracefully.  But this is always okay because life is not meant to look perfect let alone be perfect.  I have been working on moving forward in school which means there is a lot of work involved.  I am taking chemistry and physics this semester to prepare to major in BioChem to apply to Physician-Assistant school.  The classes are good and challenging but I enjoy learning in the classes.

Life has been pretty busy but fun at the same time.  In between classes I train three Paso Fino horses.  They have taught me so much in the past six months, from being more patient to learning how to overcome a behavior in a different way.  I enjoy being with them (even if they are being stubborn) because there is something so relaxing about being in the saddle out in the mountains where not a soul exists.  So grateful for this experience.  In between that I am leading a discipleship group for some high school senior girls. (Who thought I would lead that??) As I prepare for each week God works in many different ways.  I am not much of a Bible reader but every week I am reminded of how much the Bible has taught us and how it is literally a book of Truth in a world filled with so many lies.


For Thanksgiving I went to my aunt and uncle's house over in Cottonwood, ID.  It was a grand little adventure.  I drove over Lolo pass by myself and through the little sketchy towns along the river and then finally arrived in Cottonwood.  Of course the weekend was filled with lessons from Uncle Alex and good advice from Aunt Margaret.  As I have began to really try to navigate life (and enjoy it) by myself I have been very blessed with having Uncle Alex in my life to talk to and receive advice from.  Our discussions range from being very serious (marriage, boyfriends, and military) to being off the wall topics to going out to hunt for wolves with an AR-15.  Spending Thanksgiving with their family was very enjoyable and really helped me gain insight to what I truly want out of life, especially what I want to have in a husband as well as what I need to work on to be a good wife.....someday. 

As for now finals are upon the world and I have, of course, been panicking a little. All is well with the world though as we finish this semester and see where I will be next semester.  Christmas will be full of joy as we welcome our King into this world.

Happy Advent!
~A Girl Chasing her Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment